Wednesday, April 10, 2013

New Drawers and New Liesl

Rainy and cold day.  Perfect to straighten the studio.  I found this darling little metal chest at, of all places, Hobby Lobby.  I love it's fun multicolored distressed drawers perfect to organize all my yarn that had been in baskets all over the floor.


Ahh.... so nice to be organized......

I'm so very happy with my Liesl tunic (which means I will actually wear it), that I've started another in this lovey eggplant linen.


But, I feel that I need to tell you that I knitted this peach tunic twice!  It just wasn't right the first time around.  And......... even after finishing the 2nd time, I ripped the straps down and redid those.

 Yes... this shot was in my previous post, but I wanted to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.  Knit, knit, knit..... It may sound like a lot to knit for one garment, and it is.  But, it's really a fun project, and so far, I haven't gotten the least bit bored with it.

I've knitted lots of garments in the past that have stayed in the drawer.  I really don't want that to happen anymore.  So..... I just stayed with it until I got it right.  I think my little eggplant number will be much easier (hopefully).

If you're a knitter, you can find the lovely Liesl pattern here

ps...... the pretty hooked pillow was made using Karen Kahle's lovely Gazing Ball pattern.

xo
dulcy

5 comments:

liniecat said...

Such a pretty peach shade and design.
I love that cushion by the way!

J Linder said...

Love the eggplant linen. I also love your determination to find the right solutionfor an artistic quandry and go for it.
xo
Jessy

J Linder said...

LOVE the tunics. The eggplant linen is awesome. Wow...you are the queen of dtermination!
love you,
Jessy
xo

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Dulcy got new drawers!!! That made me laugh!!!

Relyn Lawson said...

I miss you, girlfriend. Personally, I love your new drawers and yes, I am laughing too.

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...