Sunday, May 5, 2013

My Little Flock of Grosbeaks

It's so exciting!  We've had a little flock of rose-breasted grosbeaks right outside the kitchen window in the redbud tree for over two weeks!  The following are photos taken by my husband, Jim Mayfield.





The top two are males, and the other two are the sweet little girls.  They're only passing through from as far away as the West Indies.  I've seen them occasionally at the feeder this time of year, but only one that stays perhaps a day.   This year, so far, I've counted up to seven males and two females at one sitting out in the tree.  It's hard to get much done other than bird watch right now!

xo
dulcy

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...