Thursday, October 28, 2021

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so exhausting. What I do know for sure, for me, is that the value of making and creating keeps me calm and grounded. Using my hands to make something beautiful or yummy lifts my serotonin levels quicker than anything. Sitting, wondering and discussing what to do next creates such anxiety and even anger. Now is the time, especially with fall here, to drag out those watercolors, dust off that old cookbook your mom gave you a million years ago, pick up those needles and some gorgeous luxurious yarn and make with your hands. This does not have to be some great work of art. Whatever puts you into this happy and mindful zone is doing the job. Also, maybe gift some little bit of your creativity to someone without it being a birthday or any special occasion. A “just for fun” thing! Would love to hear what you do or make these days that lifts your spirits.



No comments:

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...