Sunday, August 31, 2008

Shades of Green and Pumpkin Orange!


Sometimes I get certain colors and color combinations stuck in my head, and I just have to paint, hook, crochet, and sometimes dress in those colors until some new color strikes me. And strike me is usually how this happens. My husband and I were out for dinner and I was checking out the window of this wonderful floral shop next to the restaurant. Well.....this place always has the most creative displays. The new fall display had orange pumpkins nestled amid celery-type shades of green fabric. There were also black wire female dress forms displayed. Simple but stunning! So..... I went through my wool stash, found what I needed, and started a project for fall!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that bowl of worms Dulcy..and NO calories!!

When you get time, please visit my blog where an award awaits you!

Trudy

summersundays-jw said...

I love these colors. Makes me want to get my wool out & I think I'll do just that as soon as I get Open House over. By the way, Debra brought in 3 little watercolors. See you after school. Jan

dulcy said...

Hi Jan!

Can't wait to see the watercolors! But will have to until Sat. Getting car worked on tomorrow. Katie and I are planning our Leola's outing for Sat. afternoon instead. See you then!

dulcy

summersundays-jw said...

Sorry I missed you guys today. I needed a rest. Thanks so much for stopping by. See you soon. Jan

mtowe said...

Dulcy,
I'm finally getting to view your lovely blog. It's nice to have a friend who can do this sort of thing. :) Love the picture!

Marti

BeFRuiTFuL KReaTioNS said...

Oh that bowl of worms makes me smile. What a gorgeous palette of colors. Love them.

JoEllen

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...