Sunday, March 22, 2009

YIKES! FLEA MARKET CONUNDRUM


Okay, here I am arriving home from my second job (sort of). I'm in this flea market, Charely's Angels, with three friends. Very cool funky flea market with lots of wonderfully creative booths. All is going well, actually making a little $$ and having fun doing it. The only thing is, whenever I go there to check things out, add a few treasures, and rearrange, I end up buying more. I mean, I can spend less that $20 and come back loaded with crap. It's an evil plan! Rent the booth to the unsuspecting entrepreneur and sell them back more than they originally sold in the first place. What's a flea market junkie to do?

5 comments:

Tammy Burks said...

Dulcy,
This is such a great picture of you. We went to STD Flea Market today and I bought a clamp on light for my rug room......I was strong!

JoJo said...

Oh, Dulcy, you've discovered the "pickle." I seriously try to stay away from flea markets for this very reason. But, since you're selling, you can't really do that. You have to be strong! Breathe deeply, close your eyes and keep walking!!

ShabbySheep said...

Dulcy, you crack me up! But that's exactly why I got the stuff out of my booth. I would get my "paycheck" and spend it in the same day. There have been FEW times when I went to a flea market and came out empty handed.

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

Bonjour Dulcy! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments! I looooove your hooked rugs! They have a wonderful prim and naive style, so colorful and whimsical! Take care, LuLu

Relyn Lawson said...

Buy for friends, of course. I'm pretty sure I have $20 sitting around. I'd be happy for you to fill my house with "crap."

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...