Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ringling Miniature Circus


I returned this week from Sarasota, Florida where I was invited on a lovely vacation getaway with my dear friend Marti and two friends of hers. I had a fabulous time at the beach (actually I'm more of a mountain, wild west, big sky kinda gal) but the beaches there are gorgeous, plus I came back with a tan. After a couple of days cooking on the sand, I decided I needed to pursue an indoor activity. That led me to the Ringling Museum of Art. Oh My! What a wonderful discovery. I can't really describe all that was there in this one post, but enough to keep me prowling the grounds the entire day until closing. The following photos are a teeny tiny portion of a huge exhibit (even has it's own large building) that housed a miniature circus built to scale that covers 3,800 square feet! I'll be posting more from my little trip, but thought I'd share a few peeks into the tiny "Greatest Show on Earth!"

2 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

You look maaaahvelous all tanned & toned and like you just got back from your summer vacation. Will there be any bikini/beach pictures? Glad you had a great time and looking forward to the pictures. It was so good to see you and Katie -- you brightened my day. See you soon! Jan

Relyn Lawson said...

So, this answered my Florida question. I just had to keep reading. I've gotten no tan from my vacation, but my! It has been wonderful. Spent the day on the Oregon coast yesterday. Freezing - not cooking. Tangles and sand in my hair, but no tans. Still, it was wonderful.

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...