Saturday, December 19, 2009

So Sweet....


I was sitting and looking at the tree, just a few moments ago, and I noticed how the light behind the little angel showed it's little stuffed body through the fabric.  My mom made that angel many years ago, maybe 20-25 or so.  I just thought it looked so, so sweet!  Just a quick Christmas share.  Oh......one more thing....... early this morning I braved 25 degrees, all bundled up, and headed out to the country to help with the Audubon yearly Christmas bird count.  It was much fun, and also a great learning opportunity for me.  I saw many wonderful birds, but unfortunately, learned from the extremely knowledgeable birders I was with, that the populations are dropping enormously fast.  One gal, who has participated in the count for the 30th year in a row, said that there appeared to be quite a drop in population since last year.   That's discouraging, but when you see a lone kestrel hovering (literally hovering) above a farmer's field, why that's quite a Christmas treat!  Sorry, no pictures.  It was all my gloved, but freezing hands could do to hold my binoculars up!!

3 comments:

TamboinMO said...

Dulcy, Sounds like you had a fun day. How did you find out about the bird count? That sounds WAY more fun than being out and about fighting holiday traffic!

Wish on a Whisker said...

Merry Christmas, Dulcy! Your blog header is SO pretty! ~Mandy

Relyn said...

I love your Mom's art. I think it would make a terrific series of posts for you to feature her different work and tell us a story about it. Please?

It was great to see you in real life, my friend. In case I don't get by here tomorrow, and of course, it is highly unlikely, it being Christmas day and all. I wanted to wish you the happiest, the merriest, the laughingest Christmas you've ever enjoyed. Merry Christmas, my friend.