Monday, September 27, 2010

It's ALWAYS About The Color!

New bag is coming along nicely.... I'm done hooking....  now for pockets, lining, strap, and buttons.  I found the most perfect button in mom's old button tin.  I think it was part of a set she used when she made a coat a long time ago (30-40 years.....?).  Again,  love working with these neutrals and black.  Great look for winter!

Fall seems to be the time for all the warm colors like orange, yellow, brown, etc.  I'm kind of tired of all the traditional fall decorations.  I guess it's just gotten so over the top in the last several years.  I'm liking very simple decorations and lots of jewel toned colors.  Purples, pinks, scarlets, bright royal blues, and intense golds.


I pulled the last of my spindly petunias Saturday, and planted these gorgeous dark purple pansies for winter.  As I was planting, out popped a good sized toad.  Poor thing.... I think it was dug in for the winter.  It hopped out and patiently waited on the step while I finished planting.  I gently picked it up and put it back amongst the pansies, and hopefully, it dug it's way back down in the nice warm soil.

Don't you just love these pink mums?!  Once again, I forsook the golds and reds for these pretty posies.


My periwinkle blue asters are just brilliant!  These sorts of colors seem kinda old fashioned to me, and that's what I find so appealing.  I'm sure that I'll eventually come back to the more traditional fall color scheme.  Maybe I'm just having a hard time letting go of summer.  I still have lovely blooming pink petunias, and gorgeous blooming fuchsia geraniums.  Also, my blue daze is spectacular right now.  I imagine the cool night temperatures are doing the magic.  The temps. also enticed me to get some home-made tomato soup going in the crock pot for this evening's meal.  Well..... it's that time of day.... yoga time!  Gotta go and stretch..... Here's to a lovely week ahead....xo

9 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

Soothing and delicious sounding
day....my soul enjoyed the descriptions and followed along
smiling.
I like the way you're seeing
Autumn's colors....my eyes are drawn
to the jewell tones, too.
Your creations always make my
heart glad:)
-Jennifer

Debra Lloyd said...

Love the neuturals and the black together. It is going to be another beautiful purse!

Julia said...

Dulcy, I love the colors on your new bag. I hope that you'll post a photo of it when it's finished. And your fall flowers are gorgeous

JB

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

I love the colors of your flowers! And those blacks and neutrals are so pretty together - they will really make a beautiful purse!

Mary Stanley said...

Your new bag is just beautiful...love the soft colors.
And your flowers make my heart sing!

Katrina said...

I love the bag and your story about the toad was really nice ~ you are such a gentle soul. Thank you for sharing!

Cathy G. said...

Hi Dulcy,
I love your jewel tones for Fall! What a glorious ending for summer and I'm sure your little toad is snuggling safely in his pansy palace! Your purse is lovely and I'm hoping to see it's finish!
Hugs,
Cathy G

Relyn Lawson said...

OK, you win the prize. Best Sub EVER!!!!!!!! I can't believe how wonderful it was. If it was a good day for you, too. I will now begin planning all my days off around your schedule.

Relyn Lawson said...

Dulcy, I swear each project you do is better than the last. I adore these neutrals, too. AND I really love that you are using buttons from your Mom's collection. Sending a little piece of her great style and loving heart out into the bigger world.

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...