Friday, December 27, 2013

Pretty Things, Lovely Ruby

Nice and quiet day after Christmas...... following a perfectly lovely holiday.  A week ago I had a few friends over for some Christmas cheer and hooking... and began new little pillow for Valentine's and spring I call "Bluebirds of Happiness".  I finished the hooking and prodding today, but it still needs to be stuffed and sewn up.


So excited to receive a package today from my fav Julie Whitmore.  I've collected a few pieces of her pottery.... and am totally captivated by her paintings.  She listed a selection of prints... and I fell for this circus scene.


I really should have taken a better closeup of this one, but adore the little fox in the center.  You can see a great shot of it on her blog.  Julie sent a super happy surprise gift with it.


Such a sweet Christmas and winter scene!  I love Julie's use of color, especially the rich royal blues.  Here's a shot of my Christmasy decorated mantel with my new print.


Okay...  on to a couple of gratuitous shots of happy grandparents (that would be hubby and I) with our 6 month old Ruby.


Best part of Christmas!

xo
dulcy


6 comments:

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Dulcy, what a wonderful mantle, what an honor to be a part of it!
xx
julie

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

ps
love that bluebird cup pillow o and the baby is darling!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Hello Dear Dulcy
Coming by here tonight was so much fun because I have missed you but seeing your pics with your adorable Ruby put the biggest smile on my face. Ruby is so beautiful like her grandmother.
I love your prints too from Julie.
Isn't her work wonderful. I love her pieces.
My blogging days have slowed down to about once a month because of my computer. I have to break down and buy another one because I do miss my blog buddies.
Hope you have a very Happy New Year
Love
Maggie

Pixie said...

... And beautiful Grandparents you both are......happy new year friend...xxxxx

Peggy said...

Ruby is beautiful! Happy New Year, Nana! And I hope your feral cat is doing okay, too. xo

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Cute Ruby! Love the big doll with the heart necklace! Love your little knitted hat! And the paintings are precious!, your posts are always fun!!