Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring Has Sprung!

It's cold, but it's officially spring!  Daffodils are all over the place, so I brought some in, and added some pretty pink tulips to the mantel (the tulips are from the day old flowers at the market.... cheap, healthy,  and pretty!).


I love to display my pretty hooked spring pillows this time of year.  Well, actually, I have them out all the time.........but love them now with flowers and sunshine in the house!


And the Firefly piece is hooked and bound.  I may eventually attach it to painted canvas as a wall piece.


Firefly is still around.  His bad wound seems to be healing well.... although he won't let me get close enough to get a good look.  We did make progress a few days ago.  Firefly ate a bowl of food on the deck one sunny afternoon and let me sit in a chair a few feet away.  I think he really wants to be part of our family, just too nervous and distrusting.  I plan to try and trap him a bit later this spring.  If that goes well followed by a vet checkup, rabies shot, and the procedure, I'll then make some decisions about the little guy.

I had a lovely afternoon with bestie, Katie.  She had made me this awesome bracelet.


Isn't it just the cutest?!  So we spent a day at her house, where she taught me the technique and I made another for myself.


Mine's the one on the bottom.  It's a process of layering paper, collage, antiquing, and painting onto a wooden bangle.  Such fun!  And the best part is crafting with a special friend......

If you live anywhere around here (or wherever you live!)..... please check out Robin's Vintage Suitcase.


Robin is currently having a major redo of the Vintage Veranda Tearoom part of the shop.  It's sooooo gorgeous and cool!  Hopefully, it will be open in April.  I'll let you know for sure.  Also, the Vintage Suitcase and garden shop are in full bloom.  Check out the above link to a new blog I've been putting together.  Would love to receive your comment.  Also, it would be great to be linked up with you!

Happy Spring!
xo
dulcy

2 comments:

Pixie said...

Hi Dulcy....love this post..lots of bright colours in the photographs, beautiful hooked work AND WOW....the bangles are AMazing...what a fantastic idea....and a good way of using old bits of jewellary. Your mantlepiece is always so beautifully dressed too...wish we lived nearer to one another, it would be lovely to sit and chat on your balcony (veranda), with mugs of tea and talking crafts..

Huggy hugs dear friend Pixie xxx

Peggy said...

So bright and happy here, Dulcy, I love your mantel and your spring pillows! And the Firefly piece is wonderful, hope things continue to improve with the real Firefly.
Think it's time to cheer things up around here now, too -- thanks for the inspiration. xo

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...