Friday, March 30, 2012

Springy Hooked Rugs....

It's such a beautiful morning here in the Ozarks, so I thought I'd photograph a couple of spring rugs outside to share with you.  It's about 7:30 a.m.

This is my recently finished teapot rug.  I've found a temporary spot for it in front of my wool cabinet, but not wild about it as a permanent home.  Which begs the question "how many are too many rugs to have out at once?"  I would really be interested to know your take on this subject.  Those of you who have accumulated many rugs over the years, and if you're like me, don't wish to part with most of them...... what do you do?  Where do you put them?  Do you just rotate around, store most of them, have them all out at once?  Just curious.....


I really love this little rug among the violets and all the green.  Too bad this spot outside can't be a permanent home for this little spring teapot..........

I do roll some of my rugs up and put away until another season.  This one I call "Summer Jewels" and it just came out of the closet today.


It will live in front of the fireplace for spring and summer.

This little table mat is currently the background for a very few of my vast collection of Ukrainian eggs done by my mother many years ago.  She also made the little rabbit that's tucked in with the eggs.  Mom was a doll maker for many years.  Her dolls were in shops across the U.S.  I inherited my "busy hands" and the need to always be creating from my mom.


Below are a couple of springy mixed fiber pieces I've done over the past couple of years.  They are both loosely based on scenes from my windows into the backyard and outside the kitchen.  I did them both sort of willy nilly in that I just hooked, grabbed scraps of this and that, stuck in some beads.... that kind of project.  They hang in my laundry room.


And if you're wondering why I would hang art in my laundry room..... the answer is "I love my laundry room!"  I didn't photograph it for you, but it's very small and cute with two large wonderful windows.  I hang lots of cheery colorful whimsies that I love to change around on the walls.....

Have a lovely springy kind of weekend!
xo
dulcy

10 comments:

Charlotte said...

I love your rugs Dulcy, especially the spring jewels one. It is fantastic. There is no such thing as too much home crafted objects, well that is what I tell my family when they trip over yet another felted/textile whimsy. Best to you all, love to Jessy.

susan jenkins said...

Oh how beautiful your pieces are, I LOVE the Teapot rug! Have I said that?! All are beautiful!
Laundry rooms and bathrooms, wonderful to decorate! Beautiful post!!!
xo Susan

Kim said...

That little teapot does look lovely outside amid the grass. Shame it isn't water-proof :)
I don't blame you for hanging your mats in the laundry room. They would brighten any space.

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I love your pieces. I've been wondering the same thing about where to showcase the rugs. I am drawn to some patterns...the Magdalena's for instance. But, I don't know where to put them when I hook them. I guess I'll start some sort of rotating system.
Hugs,
Courtney

Cathy G. said...

Dulcy,
I always enjoy seeing your beautiful rugs! I want to see a photo of your laundry room too!! I need some inspiration for mine!
I have way too many rugs to keep all of them out but enjoy rotating some of them for the seasons. It's like seeing an old friend each time I get them out of storage!
The Ukrainian eggs done by your Mom are wonderful as is the sweet little bunny. Treasure indeed!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Jennifer Richardson said...

swooning over the photos
of your beautiful rugs
outside among the posies
and all the new greening:)
sweetness!
-Jennifer

Mary Stanley said...

Love your new teapot rug! so fun and colorful for Spring!
The Ukrainian eggs are incredible and love that little bunny!
Your mixed media pieces are sooo wonderful...love that they are in your laundry room.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Dulcy honey I sure have missed you.
Your rugs are just lovely. They are way to pretty to hide in a cabinet. I don't think you can have too many of these beautiful pieces out so enjoy everyone you have.
This teapot room is just too cute.
Hope your doing well honey
Love
Maggie

Karen Piehl said...

i wish that you would post some photos of your laundry room too. you obviously have personalized it so much! and i love your little thumbnail sized rugs as they are very very dear!

Relyn Lawson said...

I have art hanging in my laundry room. I dream of a spacious laundry room with windows and a door to the porch - some day.

I LOVE that teapot rug. Most favorite yet.

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...