Sunday, July 15, 2012


These photos are a series my husband, Jim Mayfield, put together documenting the arrival, nest building, and raising of the yellow crested night herons that visit our neighborhood each year.  This year we have been lucky enough to have a pair residing right above our garage with easy visual access.  You can watch the progression of nest building as the herons tediously fly back and forth one stick at a time........Turn up the sound... the awesome music is by our friend, musician Dean Billingsley.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

Julia said...

I enjoyed the nature video and the music was great also. We see herons by the river in front of our house and they have very long neck and legs.

I hope that your summer is going well. JB

Charlotte said...

what a wonderful share Dulcy. We don't get anything quite that spectacular.
thankyou for the lovely comments on the last two posts. I need to get more organised and visit properly

Jennifer Richardson said...

gaaaaah....it's AMAZING,
this beauty
and how much thanks
I send your way
...big blue sky thanks
for the time it took
to put this little labor of love
together
to share!
-Jennifer

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Hi dear friend,
Oh how I have missed you. This is such a wonderful video and so great of you to share it with us.
I enjoyed watching it very much and visiting here tonight.
I am so far behind with blogging.
Hope all is well honey
Love
Maggie

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...