Saturday, July 5, 2014

Home Is Where My Heart Is

Home is where my heart is right now.  I'm so loving being tucked in and working on projects.  I'm using this summer to attack the house in various ways.  Right now we're having a screened-in porch redo going on.  Painting, calking, fixing, etc.  I purchased this adorable light fixture from the Vintage Suitcase (where I work and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ......)  I know I say that in every post, but I'm so happy with my new little part-time job.


Sweet little birdie in a cage will hang from the ceiling.  Just waiting for it to get wired in.  I'm also going to chalk paint my old porch swing.  Hopefully, things will be clean, white, and lovely when done.  The cats, Willow and Iris, hang out on the porch and aren't too happy with the current situation.



You can see that they're a bit misplaced at the moment.

Today has been so cool and beautiful outside.  I picked a few herbs and flowers.



Sprigs of lavender..................


Russian sage, hydrangea, and Japanese fern in my sweet little old green metal teapot.........

And I've been hooking away!  Here's a peek at a bag I'm doing for dear friend Janet.  I've done this pattern on several bags, but this one is larger, and I've used quite a bit of sari silk and ribbon.  Loving the effect!


I'm going to try a whole new treatment for the strap that I've vaguely put together in my head.  Hopefully my vision will come to fruition and I'll have a pretty finished bag to post later.

My very large "red rug" from the Heather Richie rug camp was cluttering my mind.  So....... I cut about two feel off of it and feel light and new!  Using lots of sari silk in this piece also.  I may even use the silk to crochet the border.  I think I'm going to love it!


So all is busy, creative, and beautiful at home.  Hope the same for you!

xo
dulcy

2 comments:

Tammy Burks said...

Loving all of your projects at the moment....can't wait to see your porch when it's all finished!!

Pixie said...

...busy busy busy you are, lovely post dear friend..x

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...