Monday, July 28, 2014

Sketching, Knitting, and Dreamy Books

Had a lovely and breezy cool week in Chicago visiting family.  So happy to have missed the brutal temps here!  I spent one day sitting out back sketching.

garden chair........


freshly picked tomato........


and a tiny interpretation of my step daughter's home........


Still using my little blank book of handmade rose petal paper.  It's almost full!

Finished up my latest experimental knitting project.  A curly sheep bag!


My friend, Claudine, calls it the party bag.  I think she's got it right!

On a different, but a creative sort of note, I'm so completely in love with the books by Mary Randolph Carter right now.  She works for Ralph Lauren and her books are all about old wonderful objects she's collected over the years.  The need for some of us "that would be me" to have our surroundings filled with lovely objects and memories.  Here's the latest I ordered.....


"Never Stop To Think.... Do I Have A Pace For This?"  How many times have you been junk'n with a friend and said those words?!

I have two more of her books.....


I picked up "For The Love Of Old" years ago and have looked at it about a thousand times.  The other is titled "American Junk".  All the photos are a wonderful jaunt into the homes of artists and collectors.  Mary's home is always my favorite though.  She also has great photos of her office and barn.  Great curl up on the couch with a glass of wine kinda books!

xo
dulcy

2 comments:

Tammy Burks said...

Love your sketches! Can't wait to get together soon...want to see that party bag in person!

Pixie said...

Gorgeous sketches Dulcy love them, and I love too those wonderful books, I am going to have to get me a copy of one of those , lovely post.
pixie xx

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...