Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Simple Happy Projects

Enjoying home, spending time in my studio, and working on small projects.  I spent an evening crafting with artist friends.  I'd found a sweet little origami envelope project here.
Peggy over at Woman With Wings has the most lovely and interesting posts.  We made several, including little necklaces.  Each has a tiny surprise inside.  We thought these would be fun to just leave about in public places as abandoned art gifts for whoever comes across them.  These are a few I made.


I used catalog pages, ribbon scraps, old buttons, whatever I had squirreled away.  Everyone did something different, and all were wonderful!

I finished knitting a little shrug.


This selfie doesn't show much, but you get the idea.  Here's another shot.


Anyway, an easy little pattern, and just right for cool spring days and tee shirts.

Another completed project is a shawl for my lovely friend, Janet.


I'm not going to give it the ribbon treatment since Janet is the Ribbon Queen and she'll take care of that part.

Today I'm beginning a new hooked rug.  It's only in my mind's eye right now, but I'm excited about what I see!

xo
dulcy

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Dulcy, I love that your friends got together and made these precious little gifts to leave in public places. The receivers are going to be thrilled...You're so pretty wearing your shrug. I have so much knitting to catch up on and soon...My grand daughter is wondering when her poncho is going to be ready....Hugs....

Peggy said...

Hi Dulcy, grand idea to spread the love -- necklaces make them all the more wonderful, will have to try that! All-around good vibes, yes? xoxo And I really like the shrug on you, too.

Tammy Burks said...

Can't wait to see what you are starting!!

Jennifer Richardson said...

I love your journey....it's such a beauty. As are you.
And I adore leaving bites of art
in public places to be found
by just exactly the heart that needs them just then.
So much joy in that.
Cheering wildly in your corner, friend,
Jennifer

Mary Stanley said...

Love seeing all your new projects! Always a joy to visit your blog!

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...