Thursday, September 15, 2016

Green Brown Red and Turquoise

It's cloudy, and it's thundering, and the colors are changing, and I LOVE IT!  

Are you seasonal, or really tuned in to changing cycles of seasons and time?  Most likely you are.  I know that I feel so exhilarated during this time of change.  I'm lucky to live in a part of the country where the seasons most definitely change on time, and for the right amount of time.  Just when things become too hot and muggy, or too dreary and cold, change is in the air.

Right now, of course, it's becoming all about fall and fall colors.  Today I picked a bouquet of lovely greens, reds, and browns around the yard.  I'm leaving it dry in the vase with no water.  Will watch it dry more and change color.


Lovely little pumpkin type fruit and a hedge apple add more fall color.

Today has been a good day to weave in the studio, plus I have a new stash of gorgeous Noro yarns.  Love this pretty autumn color combination of blues, oranges, pinks, and purples.


I'll fringe it with yarn tomorrow and get it off the loom.  Then I'll wash and further embellish with ribbons and sari silks.  Excited!

I've been hooking little Posey Pouches for sale and gifts.  They're just the right size for phone, keys, cards, and lipstick.  Lots of fun to create and hook.  Not a huge time commitment like a rug or mat.




Really like the red, green, and black color combination!

And finished another shawl in my favorite turquoise.  This one is at the Library Gift Shop.


I think turquoise is a wonderful fall color.... or anytime color for that matter!

Early fall/late summer is bringing a lot of visitors to our place.  Our latest count is a regular herd of deer (about 10 or so), and quite a flock of turkeys.  This beautiful big boy was visiting the other evening.


xo
dulcy

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That' a beautiful arrangement and I bet you're going to enjoy it for along time as it dries.....Dulcy, your shawls are beautiful and being a weaver myself I know how much time goes into these beauties....Love the little pouches......perfect for a date night....

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...