Thursday, November 17, 2016

Carrying On

These short, and unseasonably warm days are a bit strange, and yet so lovely........ they make me feel  lazy, and not sure what to do with myself.  My inner seasonal clock wants to nest, work with wool, and make soup.  I'm actually doing these things, but don't feel as driven as I usually do.  I have an upcoming bazaar that I'm forcing myself to get ready for.  

One shawl done, and last one on the loom.




Ready to be crocheted off, then finished up.

Spent an afternoon dyeing wool with Tammy.


 These colors inspire me to get something on the hooking frame.  They're just luscious!

I've been very intrigued and wowed by the work of Louisa Creed, and her cats.  I've drawn a similar pattern with our little cat Iris in mind.  This pattern is lacking almost all detail.... which I'll add as I hook.  I've put together, what I hope to be, an awesome color palette for this one.


Excited to start the eyes!

And...... finished my "Create" pillow.


Had gobs of fun making this.  Some things come together with little to no real effort, and others are just plain hard.  I think it has to do with where my creativity level is at.  Energized or low octane.  I seem to not have much control over that.

And, with kiddos arriving tomorrow, the man wanted to have some lights out to greet them.  


They look like bright red berries in this old scrubby tree!

xo
dulcy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Create pillow looks fun. I never tried adding a border like you did, and will have to keep it in mind for the future.
Great colors for the upcoming cat one.

Nancy said...

It looks like there lots of creative energy flowing at your house..Love the shawl and the pillow and I can't wait to see the cat piece...I know I am going to love that one....

I can tell 'the man' is getting in the holiday spirit....lights up....way to go Jim.....

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...