Monday, May 29, 2017

Creating Here And Abroad

It certainly has been awhile since I've been here!  But.... good excuse.... have been in France!


Must include the "tower selfie"


And, of course, the tower at night.

I have zillions of other photos taken in amazing places, but this has to be my very most favorite.


Many beautiful swans drifting along the River Seine.  Lots of white baby puff balls everywhere!  Love how she carries her tiny ones on her back.  So sweet!

Another nice memory was taking an afternoon watercolor class just outside of Giverny.  The artist that gave the class has a painting studio on the grounds.  Here is my little watercolor.


I'm so glad I took a small set of paints with me, because I had the opportunity to paint a few more times on the journey.

My latest creations here at home (home sweet home.... so nice to return to) are these small hooked artbags.


And another lovely shawl I wove shortly before France.  It's a nice lite ply and a silk/mohair blend.  Perfect for cool spring and summer evenings.


I'm contemplating putting these in my Etsy store.  It's all the photography, writing, whatnot.... feeling a bit lazy.  

I'm really concentrating on a relaxing and healthy life these days.  It's becoming sort of a hobby.
This is where I'm at right now.


xo
dulcy

2 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

How wonderful....you've been to Paris! What a treat! I love your watercolor. I keep saying I'm going to give it a try but life gets in the way. Have a wonderful summer.

Peggy said...

Such great photos! -- how cool was that to take a painting class while you're in PARIS...I mean that's pretty amazing in itself. You've done a bit of traveling lately, haven't you?
Love the latest bags and shawl, but of course, I already have my very own Dulcy bag and Dulcy shawl (which is perfect for our coolish nights lately). xoxo

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...