Monday, October 30, 2017

I Love Old and Vintage

Well..... I'm in a vintage pottery state of mind these days.  Not sure exactly what brought this back after many years of lost interest (well, sort of, but not really).  I imagine it has a lot to do with having my little flea market blue cupboard space.  I've been searching eBay for McCoy mostly.  I received this lovely tulip vase in the mail the other day, and this is what I unwrapped.


So sad and so well packed, it's hard to imagine this could happen, but the seller was awesome and immediately refunded my account.  I just didn't have the heart to throw the poor thing out, so I got out the glue!

After a bit of handy work, she's got a few tiny scars, but definitely does not belong in the trash.


I also rescued a very slightly damaged piece from the Vintage Peddler where my cupboard is.  Such a small repair, that I nor the young girl who works there could find the crack..... eventually found a tiny place when I got this pretty girl home.  Practically invisible, and only $6!  Here she is posed next to a sweet Roseville I also got at a very good price.


So..... Sunday...... I washed several pieces of my pottery and redisplayed a few.  Love the blue/greens.


The beautiful carved piece was done by a potter friend.

Another recent flea find was this pretty tole painted tray I found while on the hunt with bestie Katie.


I stuck on a few magnets I found a few years ago in Amsterdam.  They're actually hiding a few scruffy places, but I think they add a nice little touch.

Lastly, here's a view out our front living room window of a precious little dogwood which has turned a glorious red!



Happy Fall
dulcy


No comments:

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...