Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Book Get-Away

My step daughter, Lily, is a photographer and also teaches photography at Columbia College in Chicago. This is a preview of her new book of photographs taken in and around Pavones, Costa Rica. Her sister lives there, and Lily has spent quite a bit of time in Costa Rica traveling and photographing. We've been to visit Pavones, and Lily gorgeously captures the beauty of the area and people. If you click on the book title in red, it will take you to blurb where you can see it full screen.


This next book was done by my husband, Jim Mayfield, for me for my birthday. You may have seen my previous birthday post about turning 60. This book is a tribute to our home and life together. Jim has been a photographer for 40 years. He currently free lances and teaches photography at Drury University.


Hope you enjoyed my little summer book get-away. And thanks for allowing me to show off my two most awesome professional family photographers.....
xo
dulcy

9 comments:

Michele said...

What a lovely (and loving) gift. You do live in a special spot. Lucky girl.

April DeConick said...

I looked through the preview. Wow, what beautiful photography and what a beautiful home you have.

Cathy G. said...

Wow Dulcy,
You are blessed to have two talented photographers in your family! To capture those gorgeous surroundings and preserve them in photos is priceless!
I LOVE the books!
Cathy G

Charlotte said...

Stunning Dulcy, you have two fantastic photographers. It struck a chord; I am the daughter of one photographer and married to another, something that makes my mother laugh!

Jennifer Richardson said...

Love the artful life
you and hubby have created together
...his photos are beyond amazing!
Storybook beautiful!
Thanks for the delicious
book tour:)
-Jennifer

Tammy Burks said...

Definitely a case where the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! I feel so fortunate to have seen the book at your party.....Lily's book is beautiful as well....such a talent for photographing the people of Costa Rica and capturing the simplicity of a moment.

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Just amazing. Wonderful gift. Such talented photographers. Your house and surrounding grounds are so special!
Courtney

Nancy said...

Your two wonderful photographers keep you surrounded by all the memories......The books are gorgeous......

What a treasure is your birthday book....filled with all the sights you love.......Such beauty all around you in every season.....Love it......

Kathryn Glover said...

What wonderful gifts, especially the book from your husband. Does he have a brother? just a joke! (: I was thinking about you today, Dulcy, with this painting I am working on. I think that it would be a good pastel challenge. I'll photograph the set up tomorrow. Take care.

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...