Thursday, January 26, 2017

Pompoms and Lemons

I've been weaving away, and decided to add a new little "happy" to one of my shawls.


Notice the three raggedy pompoms?  Just enough to add a bit of charm without being silly.  Also used the same silk/mohair blend with the pompoms as I use with my shawls.  No cheap yarn pompoms on my shawls!  Actually it's very cute on.  Especially when I wrap it with all three showing in the front.

I like the following picture of another recent shawl.  I draped it with a tote I made about 20 plus years ago.


I needle pointed these sweet little folk art houses from a pattern book of my mom's.  The designer is Mary Norden.  I then turned the needle pointed piece into a bag.  I don't carry it much anymore as I prefer much smaller handbags, but mom and I did several patterns from her book, and this piece has a great amount of sentimental value and love in it.  I keep it on the door for memories and inspiration.

Another home "happy" that I recently acquired is this pretty little lemon tree.


I had been wanting one, but thought I would have to wait until spring.  Then.... a couple of weeks ago at the grocery, I found that they had brought in a bunch of lemon and lime trees!  I was so excited, and brought this one to it's new home.  Hope it does well.  I've been gently visiting it each morning when I open the blinds with encouraging loving thoughts and words.

And I am very encouraged by the huge turnout in our small/medium town at the Women's March Saturday.


On my right is my very dear friend Katie.  We made a perfect marching pair! 

xo
dulcy

1 comment:

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

beautiful weavings my colorful friend ~ delving into it a bit myself as of late ~ loverly.
L

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...