Monday, February 6, 2017

Bits and Pieces

It's such a lovely time right now.  60 degree days interspersed with days in the 40's.  Warm enough for early crocus and bees.


My beloved snowdrops are also starting to poke up their tiny heads.  Something about the small early bloomers really makes me hopeful and happy.

I' ve been tending my indoor gardens this winter here's a favorite of mine.  The "toilet garden".


Plants just seem to be accumulating in this nicely lit spot.  

Another project this week has been denim redo's.  First I decided I really wanted a particular kind of denim skirt.  It had to be just below the knee and a bit a-lined.  I found a Youtube video that showed how to make one out of jeans, so I starting ripping out the seams of my old beat up garden jeans.  Ended up with my perfect fit denim skirt!


I am so pleased with it!  I actually have it out now being embroidered with my initials in gold on the front pocket, a bit more fraying on the hem, and good to go!

The man saw me rummaging around for denim and gave me his horribly ripped 501's.  The knees were too ripped to be stylish, so I patched with a bit of antique paisley and hand dyed velvet.  I have them on now (2nd day in a row), and am totally in love!  


Also been working on shawls, and have a couple of new ones at Ms. Gilmores Vintage Suitcase.  Her style works well with my style.


Love how they're displayed so lushly layered.

And...... a visit today by this big boy at the bird feeder (with several lady friends who had scattered).


Spring may officially be some weeks away yet, but oh..... I can feel it coming!

xo
dulcy

No comments:

Simple Pleasures During Confusing Times

Such complicated and confusing times we’re living in these days. Do I go out or stay in? Mask all or some of the time? Travel?! It’s all so...